Do You Have Water Damage in Imperial?
Water is essential to everyday living. We need it for drinking, bathing, cooking, and cleaning. But when it enters a home or workplace through flooding, plumbing problems or leaky roofs, it can cause damage. If action is not taken quickly to extract the water and dry all items and surfaces, it can compromise the building structure and result in mold growth.
To prevent further damage, water damage restoration efforts must begin immediately. The sooner you act, the less damage you’ll have.
Can You Prevent Water Damage?
You can take some steps to prevent or minimize water damage to your Imperial home or business. Some of these include:
- Check for leaks. Routine monitoring of plumbing, water pipes, and appliances can help you notice any leaks that need repair. Have your roof maintained and inspected for damage or wear and tear that can cause leaks and get them repaired.
- Sump pump. Adding a sump pump in your basement can help when there is excess rain and flooding. Check it periodically to make sure it’s functioning properly.
- Ventilation. Areas like bathrooms and kitchens tend to have high levels of moisture. Using exhaust fans can help to draw out the moisture. This will help prevent mold and mildew from forming and growing.
- Gutters and downspouts. Gutters catch the water draining from the roof and send it flowing down and away from the building. Check them periodically to make sure they are intact. Any crack or break in this system can result in water running down the siding and settling against the foundation. Flooding will occur when the ground around the foundation gets too saturated.
Even if you are diligent in doing all these things, you may still experience a water intrusion. Heavy rains can cause flooding. Snow and ice can crack the guttering system. Heavy winds can damage roofs or cause trees to fall and damage property. That’s when you need to call Act Fast Water Restoration, the experts in water damage restoration in Imperial.
Why Hire a Professional Water Damage Restoration Company?
The term Water Damage Restoration refers to the process of cleaning up excess water to minimize damage and restore the premises to a healthy state. When the excess water is minimal; e.g. a dripping pipe under the sink, you may be able to repair and clean up the minimal water and damage it caused.
However, when you have burst pipe, flooding in the basement or any large amount of standing water, it’s best to hire a professional. They have the knowledge and proper tools to thoroughly clean up the environment.
You may have some of the following tools at your disposal, but they are not the state-of-the-art, industrial level of equipment used by Act Fast Water Restoration.
- Drying mats
- Powerful extraction equipment
- Large drying fans
- Air scrubbers
- HEPA filters
Hire a Local Water Damage Restoration Company in Imperial
Act Fast Water Restoration is a locally owned and operated company in Imperial. We’re not a chain or franchise, so we offer more personalized service to our neighbors. We know water damage can be devastating, so we’re there with you every step of the way. With 24/7 emergency response service, we’ll get there fast to get your home or commercial building back to its prior state.
Act Fast Water Damage Restoration is based in Imperial, MO. We also service the Metro St. Louis region, including St. Louis City (MO), St. Louis County (MO), St. Charles County (MO), Jefferson County (MO), St. Clair County (IL) and Madison County (IL).