Hire a Professional Festus Water Damage Restoration Expert
If you are a home or business owner in Festus whose premises have suffered water damage, it can be devastating. Water intrusions can wreak havoc on your property and possessions. Immediate attention is needed to avoid further damage, including mold growth.
Causes of Water Intrusion
Several events can cause water damage to your Festus property. Here are some that can result in various levels of water damage.
- Leaky roof. If your roof is more than 15-20 years old, it may have some spots where the shingles are damaged or have blown off. It may be leaking into your attic or down behind walls without you even being aware.
- Plumbing and water pipes issues. Water pipes can leak or burst. Toilets can overflow. Drains can clog. Garbage disposals can malfunction. All these problems can lead to water damage.
- Malfunctioning appliances. Many household appliances are connected to water sources, like refrigerator ice makers, washing machines, hot water heaters, and dishwashers. As they age, the hoses can crack and leak or the pipes can rust.
- HVAC systems. Your air conditioner, in particular, can cause moisture to build up if not maintained regularly. This moisture will attract mold spores in the AC ducts and mold will start to grow.
- Mother nature. Heavy rain and snow can cause flooding to occur and enter your home or commercial building.
Damages Caused by Excess Water and Moisture
No matter what the cause, if you have unwanted water in your Festus home or commercial building, you need to deal with it quickly. If the water is not completely removed and everything completely dry, mold may start to grow within 24-48 hours.
Even if you think you’ve cleaned up all the water yourself, it may have seeped underneath floors and carpeting or behind drywall. Left unattended, mold will grow. Mold only needs moisture to thrive; any remaining damp areas will be a haven for mold growth.
Indoor Mold Growth Can Cause Health Issues
Mold is a fungus found everywhere outdoors in Festus, causing no problems. Mold spores surround us. The problems start when the mold spores find moisture indoors and start growing on surfaces or circulating through the ventilation system.
Health issues resulting from prolonged exposure to mold growth indoors include:
- Cold-like symptoms like sneezing and coughing that won’t go away
- Respiratory problems and wheezing
- Worsening of asthma
- Allergy symptoms
Why You Should Hire a Professional Water Restoration Expert
Sure, you can use a shop vac to suck up excess water when you have an intrusion in your Festus home or business. You can use a dehumidifier to help get rid of the moisture. A fan will help dry out affected areas.
But only a professional water restoration company like Act Fast Water Restoration can do a complete and thorough job. They have the equipment, like industrial fans and vacuums that is needed to get the water up quickly to preclude mold from growing.
They will remove as much of the furnishings as possible and dry them at their facility. If possible, they will try to save any affected flooring or carpeting. If it’s not salvageable, they will remove and dispose of it.
Act Fast Water Restoration is available 24/7 for emergency service, because we know the urgency of getting excess water cleaned up. We will come to your home or business to perform a free assessment of the damage. We’ll deal with your insurance company directly for claims and billing.
If you have water damage in Festus, don’t risk further damage or mold growth that will cause more problems. Contact Act Fast Water Restoration for immediate attention.